Friday, March 27, 2009

Not Gone, and Not Really Forgotten...

Hmmm...it's been 3 months since I've posted!

I blame Facebook. It's too easy to just do one-line updates rather than an entire babbly post, so I've been updating over there and not here. 

And, unfortunately, I've become addicted to several of those damn "social networking" games! I haven't gotten addicted to a game in something like 8 years...and now, I have something like 5 that I play/check in on several times daily. It's actually starting to be a detriment to other areas of my life!

TTK suggested I just play it out, and let the addiction become tedium and then fade out of the games...I don't know if that's going to work, though, because glutting myself on something so I don't want it any more seems to only be effective with food.

Sigh. {click, click, click}

So, short recap of the last 3 months:

Migraines. Lots of them. Depression. Increase in Lamictal, in early March resulted in MUCH fewer migraines, but not much help on the depression...

Christmas was spent in Texas with TTK's relatives...we got back to find our Old Man Cat, Max, was almost completely incontinent, had lost even more weight, and was basically at the end of that road we all walk...
After 2 days of trying to get him to eat, and basically forcing water into him, we made the decision to take him in for the "gentle death."
The date was the first Friday of the new year.
Started the year off with a whimper.

The rest of January and all of February I mainly spent alone in a cold house while TTK worked 10-12 hour days, leaving before dawn and staggering back after dark, then falling into bed. We had The Talk about his workaholic-ness in early March, and things have been so much better--he's making a conscious effort to leave work at 6:30, like the rest of his colleagues. 

At the very end of February, TTK earned the moniker "Pinball Wizard" by swerving to avoid a minivan and basically bouncing his way through the toll chute...he called and said, "I'm OK, but..." and I knew he had been in an accident. After he told me the story, I said, "Well, you're 3 months late!" Since he's totalled a car every 4 years, heh.

Yes, it was totalled. Yes, we got him a new car, which he loves.
The surprise is that we got a "family car" as well! It's a Honda Fit...and it's purple.
And homely, but cute in a weird sort of way.
I now get to tell people I have a purple fit. Heh.

That's pretty much it. Oh, we had a tree fall down, missing everything vital (except a chunk of fence). And I finally found the pattern for the shawl I wanted to make for my mom, and I finished it in time for her birthday!

I'm still moody/depression woman, and insomnia is eating me alive. In fact, last time I slept was yesterday night. I tried to sleep, I really did, but no go.
I expect I'll be brumating for another month or so, and as the weather warms up and the sun stays around longer, I'll be doing better.
I hope.

No comments: