Wednesday, May 9, 2007

I am SO FUCKING PISSED!

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE MERRILL LYNCH!!

We have been trying to close our accounts there since February and since there's a big chunk of stock there, they are not being responsive or cooperative at all!
THe latest reason they are refusing to transfer it is that there is an annual account fee...that just appeared in April.
FUCKERS!

I called them today---they wouldn't even honor the requests of our new accounts firm, so I had to call them, AGAIN.
I started out nicely, but as more and more refusals piled up, I lost my temper...while I didn't exactly yell, I got very unpleasant. I told them "I am no longer being nice--I've tried this for 3 months by being nice, and now I am pissed."

At one point, she put me on hold, to "check if the fee could be waived." When she got back, she said it couldn't be removed.
That's when I lost my shit. I started ranting, and said "I WANT MY MONEY OUT OF YOUR HANDS NOW. Am I going to have to file a lawsuit to get you to let go of my money?"

She got very calm and said she needed to speak to her supervisor Amin and she would have him call me back.
I said WHEN. She said, as soon as he's off the phone.

so now I am sitting here, brooding, pissed, furious, tense, and hungry.

-----
update:

Poor little Naly (the hapless woman who answered the phone and made the mistake of saying "She's on the phone right now. Is there something I can help you with?" when I asked for Michelle) did NOT call me back. Nor did the supervisor.

Instead, Michelle called me, all professional...


The 65 debit is erased.
The MPWR is being transferred.
The account will be closed within the week.


And all I had to do was be an utter ***** and ask if I had to initiate a lawsuit to get my money out of their hands, and tell him that the account fee was ridiculous since we have been trying to get our account moved for 3 months now.


Steroids are good for something, eh?

Frankly, I hate this agro bullshit. It's nice to know, though, that I can channel my dad when I need to.

No comments: