Thursday, October 2, 2008

We're Reformed

We've changed, all you doubters: We're going to bed by 11 p.m.!
Of course, I don't fall asleep until about 4 a.m., but TTK crashes out, then gets up at 6 a.m. in order to get through the traffic on 101 (construction, of course, has lengthened his commute to 2 1/2 hours) and is off to work...
Meanwhile, construction starts here at 7:30 a.m., which makes me rather glad I am deaf on one side, and wear an earplug on the other.

I've never shopped so much in my entire life--pick out paint colors, a tub, tile, get a sink, choose the color of the faucets, how about a ceiling light, and what about outlets: do you want white ones, or beige, or even grey or almond? Now let's talk about baseboards--there's 4 different types in the house--do you want them all the same, since the baseboards in ttk's room have to be changed? And what about flooring to replace the Astro Turf in TTK's room? Closet doors? What kind of shelving do you want? How about floodlights? And you need a bathroom fan. And a countertop: there's cultured marble, granite, concrete, compressed recycled paper, tile, and of course Formica and Corian. Your vanity in the bathroom is a non-standard size, so whatever you get will need to be cut to fit. Do you want those shelves painted, or bare wood? If you want them painted, I should pick up the primed wood; but you should paint them if I get the primed wood. Oh, and the sump pump has been jury-rigged and doesn't really work, and the drain pipe just ends about 10 feet into the yard, under the rosebushes. 

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!

I'm now off to Lowe's to buy a shower/tub thingy, and some welded wire, and a closet rod. And 3 light fixtures, and a bathroom fan. And probably something else I'm forgetting, which Alan will no doubt remind me of when I get back. First I am going to go eat, though--we still haven't really found the kitchen under all the boxes.
Oh shit--I have to unload the crap ttk left in the back of my truck. Sigh.

No comments: