Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wow--the shed is DOWN...

So I got tired of waiting for ttk to line up some guys to carry all the shit from the backyard to the dump/recycletown/new house, and a few weeks ago my contractor's second-in-command gave me his business card, because he does work on the side when not working for Alan.
Well, I spoke to him last week and asked if he could round up a couple of guys for some heavy lifting, and he did. And boy, did they ever lift-haul-demolish! They came Monday, as did ttk's mom, and between the 4 of us we got 80% of the shed done, and a huge amount of stuff purged--and they completely kicked my ass.
I was so sore and tired the next day that even though ttk's mom was here (overnighted in a local hotel) we didn't get anything else packed...instead, we went to a tile store and shopped for bathroom tile. :-)
That woman is incredible--on this one ttk did NOT inherit her manic energy...or maybe he did, and the meds suppress that energy.
Today the guys came again, and the rest of the crap from the shed (and I mean crap--the rats have had a field day in that shed, nesting and breeding and crapping and trashing) has been dragged off, and the shed itself (a carport thing from costco) has been dismantled!
They even took down the crappy awning ttk and I slapped together, and pulled all the pallets from every part of the yard and stacked it in one spot--my contractor is going to come by tomorrow and drag all the wood off and take it to a wood recycler (yay!).
Once again I am exhausted...I thought today was Friday, and not Thursday...so I get to go run all my errands tomorrow, if I survive.
I must say, here, bluntly, no hesitation, that I HATE MOVING!
Ugh.
I'm loving the thought of NEVER having to do this again, though. Less than a month. Less than a month to get out of here. 
The next big nasty hairball we have to deal with is the chickens, and my plants. I don't know how to get my half-barrel planters out of here--do I dig out all of my plants, and the dirt, and move the barrels, or do I try to move the barrels with dirt, or do I just give up on my plants in despair and let go.
Letting go is important--it's a matter of WHAT to let go of--we've been holding onto A LOT of this stuff in anticipation of a house, so some of it seems silly to turn around and get rid of it just before we move. A huge chunk of this stuff is just being dragged over to the driveway of the new place, and there we'll hose off, clean up, sort, purge. 
Tomorrow I am getting a desk...then we'll move my desk I *think* ...
my biggest problem is being torn between two houses, and where I am going to be sleeping and working...ugh. I just hope nothing gets ruined in this move...but something always does, so instead I should hope that nothing IMPORTANT gets ruined.
Sigh.

No comments: